< Back to Counselors We Trust
LPC, MA OF COUNSELING
Ruth believes we are all intended for deep and meaningful relationships; the power of the counseling process can help heal the brokenness in our lives, and bring restoration and transformation to us and to our relationships. The change that happens in counseling helps us become truer versions of ourselves, allowing us to relate to others with more authenticity and integrity.
Ruth has worked with clients of all ages and concerns but has a special heart for working with adolescents and young adults struggling with family of origin issues, anxiety, depression, adjustment/transition, grief, and trauma. Ruth is a professing Christian and her faith is the foundation of her counseling practice and her worldview, and she loves to work with clients of all beliefs and backgrounds.
Personal and Professional Experience
- Ruth grew up in Wilmington, Delaware and received a BA in Religious Studies from the University of Virginia
- Interned with Reformed University Fellowship at Auburn University from 2002 to 2005
- Received a MA in Counseling from Covenant Theological Seminary in 200
- Provided counseling in at an at risk middle school from 2008 to 2014 and an at risk high school from 2014 to 2016 in Austin, Texas
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas
- Private practice work with adolescents and adults dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, grief, abuse, family of origin issues, and adjustment issues
- Certified, trained in EMDR therapy (learn more about EMDR here)