< Back to Counselors We Trust
Dr. Mark Pfuetze
PhD, MA of Counseling, M.Div.
Licensed Professional Counselor
Assistant Professor of Practical Theology and Counseling
Traveling internationally and working as a recording technician (Mark also holds a degree from Berkeley College of Music), he witnessed the isolation that overseas workers experience. He saw multiple needs that could be met through counseling. Mark particularly has a desire to serve those who are dealing with sexual abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, anxiety, relational conflict and marital strife.
Education and professional experience
- Mark grew up in Kansas City and attended Kansas University (BA – American History; 1993)
- Berklee College of Music in Boston (BM – Music Synthesis; BM – Music Production and Engineering; 1996)
- Masters of Arts in Counseling and Masters of Divinity (2004)
- Ph.D. in Counseling from the University of Missouri-St. Louis (2014). Dissertation: Family-of-origin characteristics of men who engage regularly in sexually addictive behavior
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC) with the state of Missouri
- Certified Christian Conciliator through Peacemaker Ministries
- Trained in EMDR therapy
- Mark is currently an Assistant Professor of Practical Theology and Counseling at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO