< Back to Counselors We Trust
Mdiv (emphasis in counseling), Dmin
Gary knows the joys and hardships of leadership and ministry in both Western and cross-cultural contexts, and is dedicated to supporting individuals and couples through challenging times. He helps individuals to expand their perspective and gain a clearer sense of direction, restoring their confidence and hope. He is a trusted and caring confidant to pastors and ministry leaders, enabling them to successfully negotiate difficult personal and ministry situations.
Gary helps couples deepen their connection by strengthening the security and resiliency of their relationship. He actively coaches couples toward caring patterns of relating while addressing their underlying hurts and longings, and supports them in effectively resolving hurt feelings and breaking habitual patterns of disconnection.
Gary and his wife Cynthia live near Boulder, CO, where he enjoys rock climbing, cycling, hiking, and home remodeling projects.
Personal and Professional Experience
- Gary grew up in Denver and attended the University of Colorado (Bachelor of Environmental Design)
- Denver Seminary, Master of Divinity with an emphasis in Counseling, 1988
- Licensed Professional Counselor with the state of Colorado since 1993
- Spiritual Director, Pecos Benedictine School for Spiritual Directors, 2002
- Doctor of Ministry in Christian Spirituality from Fuller Seminary. Dissertation: Pastoral Care-The Art of Arts: Training Mission Team Leaders in the care of their members. 2005
- Ordained Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church with 25 years of pastoral ministry
- Life coaching for professionals and students as a Life Plan™ Facilitator with The Paterson Center
- Completing certification as an Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist
- Created team debrief protocols for international mission workers sent from Flatirons Church, Lafayette, CO