< Back to Counselors We Trust
LPC, MA OF COUNSELING
Ally’s greatest passion in the counseling world is working with families and helping children and parents thrive in their relationships with one another. Specifically, Ally has significant experience counseling biological, foster and adoptive families with issues including: attachment, trauma, anxiety, depression, illness, early hospitalizations, sensory processing disorders, and parenting difficulties. Ally is particularly drawn to the field of attachment science, helping parents identify the specific needs of their family in order to move toward change and healing.
She is also interested in walking with adult women as they seek healing and wholeness for: family of origin concerns, adult attachment, anxiety, depression, difficulties negotiating their needs in relationships, and spiritual questions.
Personal and Professional Experience
- Born and raised in Northeastern Pennsylvania, Ally now resides in St. Louis, M
- Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs from James Madison University, VA, 2010
- Master of Arts in Counseling from Covenant Theological Seminary, MO 2014
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Missouri
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) Educator. TBRI® is a comprehensive intervention designed for parents desiring to deepen attachment with their children, especially families impacted by adoption, foster care and trauma.
- Theraplay®(Foundational Level). Theraplay® is an attachment-based play therapy that strengthens the parent-child relationship through four essential qualities: Structure, Engagement, Nurture and Challenge.
- Lived abroad in Salamanca, Spain, and has travelled throughout Europe, 2009
- Fellow at (Trinity) Fellows Initiative, fostering a God-centered view of knowledge, culture, work and life, 2010-2011