< Back to Counselors We Trust
LPC, MA OF COUNSELING
What's holding you back? Alex works with individuals to move through obstacles and get you back on track to the life you want. Whether it's a diagnosable disorder like depression, a personality issue, something from your past you'd like to sort out, an addiction, compulsive behavior, or a challenge in relationships, Alex is skilled in getting past the surface into core motivations and beginning to reshape them.
Alex works from an interpersonal psychodynamic perspective. This means digging into deeper motivations from the past through the power of the “here and now” relationship between therapist and client. It is only in relationship with others that we start to recognize our internal dynamics, opening up the potential for change. Our experiences can then become a part of our story, rather than a subconscious dictator of our future.
Personal and Professional Experience
- BA in Counseling Studies from Moody Bible Institute (2007)
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology (2010)
- 8 years of full time counseling experience post-graduate
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- Ordained Ruling Elder in the Presbyterian Church in America since 2014