< Back to Counselors We Trust
Licensed professional Counselor
MA COUNSELING, MA teaching, Phd candidate
Kelley is particularly drawn to working in the context of families, particularly with struggles related to adult attachment and trauma, parenting, adoption and foster, prenatal and postpartum issues, childhood disabilities, and early childhood mental health. Her experience as a mother, doula, and therapist have given her a deep desire to connect with parents and walk with them as they experience healing and growth in their families. She is currently working on her PhD in Early Intervention at the University of Oregon with an emphasis in attachment, families, and early childhood mental health.
Education and professional experience
- Kelley grew up in Birmingham, AL and received a BA in English at Auburn University
- Served as a university instructor in Chongqing, China from 2002-2004
- Received Master of Arts in Teaching from Lee University in 2004
- Worked as a mentor, private tutor, and writer while raising young children (2 biological, 1 by adoption) at home from 2004 to 2010
- Masters of Arts in Counseling from Covenant Theological Seminary in 2013
- Currently a Graduate Teaching Fellow at the University of Oregon while earning a PhD in Early Intervention with focus on families, attachment, and early childhood mental health.
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC) with the state of Missouri
- Certified birth doula since 2010
- Trained as TBRI Educator. TBRI is a comprehensive intervention designed for children with one or more of the following risk factors: difficult pregnancy, traumatic birth, early hospitalization, trauma, abuse, neglect.