< Back to Counselors We Trust
Licensed Certified social worker (LCSW)
MA social work
Before going to graduate school in 1981, Hazel knew she wanted to offer hope and encouragement to hurting people as they tell their stories. An Australian author said: “Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.” Likewise, therapists often say: “There is healing in the telling of it.” Hazel counts it a privilege to listen and offer comfort out of the comfort she has received during tough times (2 Corinthians 1: 3-4). She has counseled individuals, couples and families for the last 26 years in two large psychiatric clinics, as well as in private practice.
Hazel married her husband Del in 1983 when he was in seminary and they have been in full- time ministry ever since. After living in MS, TX, AR, and NC, Hazel and Del moved back to Little Rock, Arkansas - where they both grew up – to raise their son and daughter. The family now includes a son-in-law and 2 grandsons. Since no one lives in Little Rock anymore, Hazel and Del moved to Peachtree City, GA in 2017.
Education and professional experience
- BA, Psychology, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 1979
- MA, Social Work, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 1982
- Works with women, teens and families in the early stages of recovery from trauma/abuse
- Comes alongside grieving clients dealing with losses including death, divorce, abortion, chronic illness, caregiving aging parents
- Counsels spouses and families of people struggling with addictions of all kinds